DR. SPOCK’S 10th EDITION BABY AND CHILD CARE
OVER 50 MLLION COPIES IN PRINT!
The classic that continues to grow with the times! For more than seventy years, parents have relied on the expert advise of renowned pediatrician Dr. Benjamin Spock. But while children never change, issues and concerns about them do. Dr. Robert Needlman, himself a top-notch pediatrrician, has newly updated and expanded this timeless classic to speak to any parent who is raising a child now in our rapidly changing world. While still providing reassuring advice on age-old topics such as caring for new baby, as well as accidents, illness, and injuries, this book also contains extensive information in many new areas, including:
- Cutting-edge madical option on immunizations
- Obesity and nutrition
- Cultural diversity and nontraditional family structures
- Children’s learning and brain development
- The newest thinking on children with special nees
- Environment health
- Increasingly common disorders such as ADHA, depression, and autism – including medications and behavioural interventions
- Children and the media, including electronic games
- Coping with family stress
- And much, much more!!
With an updated glossary of common medications and an authoritative list of the most reliable online resources, this invaluable guide is still the next best thing to Dr. Spock’s guidance in parenting:
“TRUST YOURSELF. YOU KNOW MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU DO”.